94 in 827

Donate blood.
Read 'Suite Francaise'

Done and done! I actually gave blood on the 13th of November. It went fairly well. I almost passed out after so they gave me some soup and called me a cab, which was nice because it was really cold and I had a headache and had not dressed for the weather.
Suite Francaise was a beautiful, beautiful book. I was so sad when it was over, because you could so clearly see where she had planned for the characters to go. (Irene Nemirovsky planned for Suite Francaise to be like a symphony in five movements, but she died when only the first two were finished). And yet it doesn't seem unfinished or hurried. It's beautiful. I liked the second 'book', Dolce, better, but I suspect the first, Storm in June, is better from a historical point of view - she doesn't miss any detail of the mass exodus from Paris. Oh, it's good. I highly recommend reading it.

0 comments: