Creativity

(taylor swift, picture to burn)

I woke up way earlier than I meant to, so I thought now that Jenny's gone is a good time for me to perhaps make a little blog entry. So next on the list is creativity.

Go one month without using the word 'fuck.'
Why is this under creativity, you ask? I read somewhere once that offensive language is an excuse to be lazy and not find a better word. And also, sounding like a truck driver is not really number one on my to-do list. 
Sell or publish one poem.
This is a really big deal. Some of you may have seen on my other blog that I posted two poems in a venue where a lot of people I know could see them. I had a few in the iconographer this year too, and that was a big deal. Selling or having published one poem would be a really big accomplishment for me.
Finish a short story or other piece of fiction.
Especially when I was younger, I would start writing these pieces of work that if I had stuck with, could have been good. This will force me to sit down and WRITE. 
Complete a set of 'Adult' piano books, theory included.
This mostly goes with the next one, and also: I really love playing the piano and I wish I hadn't quit. You win, Mom! You said I'd be sorry! 
Write a whole song: lyrics, melody and accompaniment.
I can do the lyrics and melody fairly well. It's the accompaniment that's the problem, and hopefully: the adult piano books will help! You see the connection.
Attend an art show.
(I seem to recall once telling Sean I wasn't as pretentious as I pretend to be). Actually, I really want to go to an art show: see some interesting art! Also, the idea I have in my head of an art show is a really cool thing, and I'd like to see how it matches up. 
Learn to knit and knit a scarf ROBYN would actually wear. 
Robyn has claimed this scarf that I am going to knit, so it had better be good.
Make a piece of visual art, like a collage, for the dorm room.
This will force me to be careful because if other people are going to see it, it can't be sloppy. And it will be fun.
Learn guitar. The opening lick to Seven Nation Army and the James Bond Theme do not count.
Such a dream. I really meant to get on this this year, but it just never happened. Now that Brett has a guitar it's even more motivation.
Get my eyebrow pierced/get my tattoo.
Also both dreams. I'm a grownup now, let's get 'er done.
Take a stained-glass course.
I was reading a description of a beautiful stained glass piece in a book called 'Mercy', and that was my inspiration. I love stained glass, I think it's beautiful, and I know you can take a course on how to do it. So I want to.
Trim my own bangs.
This one is a little silly. But think! It would be prove that I do possess hand eye coordination.
Type my last three journals so I have a legible copy of them.
I like to type, and I would really like to have a copy of my journals because the first one, the purple one from France, is starting to fade. This will be slightly embarrassing, but worth it.
Buy and fill a 16G iPod.
Consumerism! Yay!

next time:  spirituality and faith.

ykylm,
rae

0 comments: