Spirituality and faith

(kelly clarkson, sober)

Go back to FFHM.
Foundation for His Ministry is my favorite place in the world, and I've only been there for two weeks out of my whole life. Visiting and working in a place where everything is so, so about God was a really good influence in my life. I like the feeling of not doing things for myself. On top of which, I love the people there, and I'd like to spend another amount of time there. It'll probably just be a week, but I'd love for it to be more.
Read the Bible cover to cover.
I think I've done mostly all of it in chunks, but I've never sat down and read the whole thing through, and I think that's important. It'll also be a good grounding for me, and I think I'd like to do this before I leave for school, so I'll do it this summer most likely.
For one month, get up half an hour early to pray.
This is one of those ones that I'm hoping becomes a habit if I start it as part of this list. One of the recurring things that has been popping out of sermons at me lately  is the importance of SPENDING TIME WITH GOD, and I don't think I do enough of this. So I'm going to start this one this summer too.
Go to Sean's church one weekend.
Sean's religion really interests me on an intellectual level, and I'd like to go to his church once to see it for myself.
Go to a Catholic church one weekend.
I've only been to a Catholic church once, for Christmas Eve mass, and it was really cool. I find the pageantry and tradition of the Catholic church really interesting and beautiful, and I'd like to see an 'everyday' Catholic mass, I guess.
Find out everything, in general, that I can about saints.
I think this stems from reading 'Catherine, called Birdy,' actually. But saints and martyrs are really interesting. Some of them are kind of wacky, and some did some really awesome things. So I'd like to find out how a saint becomes a saint and about some of the major and minor ones. 

ykylm,
rae
next: personal-superficialities.

0 comments: