Health

(sia: breathe me)

To me, part of keeping a 101 in 1001 blog is explaining the reason behind my choices.
So to that end, I'm taking a section at a time, going through and kind of talking them out. If that bores you, please do wait until the 21st when I start this thing in earnest and will have actual progress reports.

HEALTH.
This is probably the biggest category, even if it doesn't have the most items. Basically the whole reason I decided to really go for this 101 in 1001 thing was personal growth, and pretty much anyone who knows me knows I have a long way to go to being physically healthy. 
So without further ado, things from the health list.

Don't drink Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Diet Pepsi for one month, on top of the one month drinking only water.
This is just obvious. The amount of Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Diet Pepsi that I drink is patently ridiculous. The caffeine addiction has to end somewhere, friends. This will probably be one of the hardest things on my list.
Spend one month drinking only water.
(I've decided that this includes my one glass of milk a day, because I don't want to get osteoporosis). Once again, this just stems from a basic desire to be healthier. If all I can drink is water, I'll drink more of it. Everyone wins. 
Walk Mozart every day for a month.
I had better get on this one before I move. Good for the dog, good for me. I'm pretty sure everyone will appreciate this: my parents, who will see both me and the dog getting out more; my siblings, who won't have to walk the dog; Mozart, and me.
Climb the hardest up and down wall at Stronghold.
Climbing has always been something I wanted to get into, and now, it'll help me get over the crippling fear of falling. 
Go on a real hike, on a trail not marked 'easy', with trail mix and everything.
Getting in touch with nature? Check! Good things for respiratory and circulatory systems? Check! Refreshing mix of almonds, raisins and m&ms? Check!!
Go two weeks without eating meat.
This is just a real personal challenge. And a veggie diet is supposedly quite good for you if you do it right.
For one month, do one hundred sit ups a day.
Ugh...well, at some point, I'd like to prove to myself I have abdominal muscles. This has to get easier the more I do it, right?
Do the yoga routine every day for a month.
I printed this really easy, beginner's yoga routine that I enjoy doing. So why do I never do it??? 
One week, no refined sugar.
Ugh again, yet again with the abs. Plus my teeth will probably thank me. I just realised that that will necessitate cutting out Coke again. 
One week, be in bed by ten thirty and up by six thirty.
I am such a night owl and my sleep habits suck. Mom's always telling me that the hours you get before midnight count the most, so maybe I should get some.
One week on top of the water month, no coffee.
Caffeine is a drug, friends.
Wear sunscreen every day for two months.
This one starts, like, the 21st. Pale is the new tan.
One month, no fast food.
My wallet and my waistline will be really grateful for this. Besides, there comes a point where fried stuff no longer sounds good.
Go swimming, at least twenty lengths, once a week for six months.
I love to swim and this will be good for my arms. 
Be goal weight. (Lose twenty pounds).
I am hoping that everything in the above list helps out with this one. Seriously, I think I can really do it.
One week: walking/public transit only.
This helps the environment, my bank account and my health. Done and done!

ykylm,
rae


0 comments: